- Brooklyn AYSO Handbook
- How To Use This Handbook
- Principles Of AYSO
- Who To Contact For Assistance
- Team Assignments
- Game Procedures
- General Rules & Regulations
- Dispute Resolution
- Laws of the Game
- Laws of the Game Q & A
Players are assigned to teams by the Division Coordinators prior to the start of the season. At that time, as much information as is available on player skills is used to provide evenly balanced teams for the season.
Players may not request to be placed on a particular team. Except for the following, AYSO Region 0473 will not guarantee placement:
- Coaches will be placed on the same team as their children unless otherwise requested;
- Siblings of the same sex within the same Division may be placed on the same team;
- Placement for good cause shown
Following Team Assignments and before the first game of the season, a Parent Meeting should be organized by the Team Parent or Coach. The purpose of this meeting is to meet the Coaches and other parents, to ensure that all parents have a clear understanding of AYSO philosophy and parent expectations, and to discuss practice schedules and other details of the season. This is a good time to organize car pools, discuss refreshment schedules, etc.