Important Information For Referees
Why I Can't Be a Referee
Assistant Referee Basics
- How do I sign up for games?
Follow these steps to use the Referee Self-Scheduler on the inLeague Web site:
- Login to http://www.brooklynayso.net/inleague/
- In the horizontal menu bar click Referees, then Self-Scheduler. The upcoming weekend will be displayed. You can select a different weekend, if you wish.
- Under the “CR” column, click the "SIGN UP" button next to the game(s) you wish to cover. Your name will appear with PENDING as the status.
- What if I don’t see the Referees menu on the inLeague Web site?
You are not designated as a referee volunteer. Follow these steps to correct this:
- In the horizontal menu bar click "My Account," then "Family Profile."
- Click your name.
- Near the bottom of the page, under “I would like to volunteer as a”, check Referee.
- Below that, select the division(s) you prefer to work in.
- Click "Update Contact Information" to save your profile.
- Who gets first choice of a game?
The referee who enters his or her name into an open slot when it becomes available.
- What if I want to referee a game, like my own kid's, and it is already taken?
Please try to select another game. If that is not possible, and you feel strongly about working a certain game, contact the Referee Administrator by e-mail. He will try to accommodate you.
- How many weeks in advance may I schedule myself?
As many as you like. The entire season becomes available shortly before opening day.
- What should I do if I sign up for the wrong game by accident?
When you first sign up for a game, your request is in the “pending” state. This remains until Friday at 9 PM before a game day, when all games for the coming weekend are approved and change to the “assigned” state. While your request is pending, you can remove it yourself. Just click the "REMOVE" button next to the game. After the game has been approved, however, you must e-mail the Referee Administrator or one of the referee division coordinators and request that your assignment be removed. See the contacts below.
- What should I do if I sign up for a game and then find I cannot do it?
No problem — we all have busy and unpredictable schedules. Follow the instructions above to remove your assignment request.
- Do I need permission to schedule myself for a game in an older division than I normally work?
No, but the Referee Administrator scans the schedule before approving assignments to make sure each referee is qualified for the games he or she has selected. The Referee Administrator will be the final judge in this matter.
- My child just took the U8 Referee Course. How can she or he sign up for games?
Follow these steps to register your child as a new referee volunteer:
- Login to http://www.brooklynayso.net/inLeague
- In the horizontal menu bar click "My Account," then "Family profile."
- Click "Add a New Adult to My Family Profile."
- Enter your child's e-mail address and click "Look up / Add New Adult to Family Profile." Use the same e-mail address your child used to register for the referee course on http://eayso.org. This must be a unique e-mail address, that is, different from others in your family.
- Near the bottom of the profile, under “I would like to volunteer as a”, check Referee.
- Below that, select the division(s) your child prefers to work in.
- Click "Update Contact Information" to save your child's profile.
- Now, your child can login to inLeague and use the referee self-scheduler, as described above.
- What if I have further questions?
Send an e-mail to one of these individuals:
Regional Referee Administrator
John McNally, firstname.lastname@example.org
U10 Referee Division Coordinator
Magda Samborska-Murgio, email@example.com
U12 Referee Division Coordinator
Szymon Radziszewicz, firstname.lastname@example.org
U19 Referee Division Coorinator
Michael Stein, email@example.com